Development News

Comms Link Issues

Hey Commanders,

I pushed out some updates today to the Comms Link and unfortunately these seem to have caused a few issues as follows:

• System Location not updating and always showing Location Unknown
  • Messages not being shown on FSD Jump and Scan
  • Crash on Startup

I’ve been making a few patches throughout the day and the Comms Link is now at v1.2.0.4.  As far as I know, this version should now fix all of the issues which came out of today’s update but please let me know if you spot any more.

The Comms Link should self update to v1.2.0.4 the next time you launch it.

13 Comments

Tamara McNamarra

January 15, 2018 at 7:06 PM

It doesnt work… It says always *Waiting for Ship Signal*

Tamara McNamarra

January 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM

Maybe my Commander Name and my User Name are different?

Von Dugard

January 18, 2018 at 5:14 AM

Try to Validate my API Key and get “API Key is Invalid” I’m using the one from EDSM can you help me?

Commander Wolzan

January 20, 2018 at 3:10 PM

@Tamara McNamarra – Im seeing the same issue for a few other commanders out there at the minute – trying to pinpoint the exact problem at the minute.

@Von Dugard – Your API key can be found by logging into Elite Galaxy Online and selecting User API Key from the Commander Menu.

CMDR *Kilinor*

January 20, 2018 at 11:45 PM

I’m getting the same issue as Tamara.
It seems to pick up the log file just fine, and displays the correct name in the main window, but doesn’t register the changes or the “Ship Signal”

Commander Wolzan

January 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Update – 21/01/18 – The issue with the Comms Link where it would not connect to the ship for certain commanders has now been fixed. Please relaunch the comms link and it will auto update to v1.2.0.5 which should solve this problem.

Tamara McNamarra

January 21, 2018 at 4:26 PM

Commander Wolzan

January 21, 2018 at 7:50 PM

Brilliant – Glad its sorted now, thanks for letting me know.

Gramps

March 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM

For some strange reason my com link has stopped working. Last auto comm updated on the 17th March and when I tried to use it again on the 19th, right after the last Beyond update (coincidence) it just says ‘Waiting for ship signal’. It’s reading and updating my location from the logs correctly just not displaying any information or passing it through to my account, I’m doing this manually now.
Uninstalled/reinstalled – renewed APi key – setup and Validated all done numerous times. So I’m out of idea’s at the moment, if anyone has any clues please let me know.
Regards Gramps. o7

Commander Wolzan

March 24, 2018 at 10:05 AM

@Gramps – I’ve just updated the comms link to v1.2.0.7 which should hopefully fix this issue where the comms link was not connecting to your ship and always showing waiting for ship signal

Gramps

March 24, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Thank you Cmdr Wolzan I can report back it is now fixed and seems to connect faster too.
Excellent work, many thanks again for your time.
Gramps o7

christian sanchez

May 10, 2018 at 7:13 AM

i cant start comms link with the last windows update windows 10 aprils editions. start the exe, i see verify applications only.

Sorry my english
Despues de la actualizacion de windows 10, aprils update, no arranca el programa apraece que verifica aplicaciones y se cierra sin abrir

Michael Rowe

May 20, 2018 at 12:04 AM

I have the same issue as Christian. I installed comms link and have the icon but when I try to run it, I just get a pop-up saying it is verifying application requirements but the program never launches. I’ve tried uninstalling it, redownloading it and reinstalling…same thing. I’m a new user so i can speak to any changes from a Windows update.