The Comms Link is the latest way to record your discoveries at Elite Galaxy Online and the best part is you don’t even have to leave your ship!
It’s a small windows based application which runs on your PC and can detect whenever you scan an object from your ship. As soon as the scan is completed, the Comms Link will automatically send the details to Elite Galaxy Online and the object will be recorded. It will even let you know if the discovery broke a galactic record.
To get started with the Comms Link, download the application using the button below.
- Use the button at the bottom of this page or click here to download The Comms Link application, then run the downloaded file called setup.exe.
- If you are prompted with a Windows smartscreen message like the one shown below, click on More info and then select Run Anyway. The application is perfectly safe, I just can’t afford to go through the app certification process with Microsoft to stop this from happening!
- You will then get another security warning as shown below. Click Install.
- If the Windows smartscreen message pops up again, just click More Info and Run Anyway like last time.
- The Elite Galaxy Online Comms Link should now be installed and will be launched automatically.
- When you run the Comms Link for the first time, you will be prompted to run the setup process. This is pretty simple and just involves entering three pieces of information as shown below:
- Username – Enter your Elite Galaxy Online user name which you normally use to login to the site
- API Key – Enter your Elite Galaxy Online API Key. You can get this from the User API Key option under the commander menu or by clicking here.
- Log Folder Location – Browse to the location where the Elite Dangerous Player Journal logs are saved on your PC. This is typically in C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\
- Once you have entered the details, click Validate and the Comms Link will connect to Elite Galaxy Online and check that everything is ok.
- If you ever need to run this setup process again, click Setup from the main screen
Using the Comms Link
- Using the Comms Link is pretty straightforward. Simply have it running in the background whilst you fly around the Galaxy.
- As soon as you scan an object from your ship, the Comms Link will relay the information to Elite Galaxy Online and record the object automatically.
- The messages displayed in the Comms Link show the outcome of the scan and whether the object broke a galactic record.